Thursday, July 11, 2013

You have to walk the plants & water the dog...

A buddy called to say he's "house-sitting" for a friend at the beach.

He invited me to come see this awesome place with fantastic marsh views.

I brought my camera gear because he added it offers a beautiful sunrise too.

Well, as it happens when you have a beer or two, the old clock on the wall eventually said it was 2:00 am.

When I awoke around 10:00 am, the sun had risen hours before. I bet it WAS beautiful.

I had my camera on my tripod so I focused instead on the magnificent views of the marsh.

I noticed the clouds were scudding left to right at a pretty good clip.

Very quickly the blue sky would be gone.

Using ND (dark Neutral Density filters) to shoot in the bright light,  I was able to slow my shutter speed down to a long time open.

A 15-second exposure showed everything else stationary but the clouds were in motion. The blurring effect was very obvious and added drama to the photo.

Still have to get a sunrise at the beach.

Have to keep an eye on the time.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Sunsets happen later in the day.

And that's a good thing.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 15, 03:20:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Yeah. The sunrise waits for no one, even Combat Chuck! :D Great shots though. Saved by the filter. I love the movement that is evident.

 
At Mon Jul 15, 03:33:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Thanks for the kind words. Means a lot coming from you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home