Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Patriotic Memory Flogger...

The first thing you'll notice in this photo is a 14' boat I sold years and years ago.

But, keep looking and you'll certainly see the flag I proudly display every day.

We're celebrating America's Birthday tomorrow - its 237th -
and I am reminded of a holiday story.

I first told this on my blog in 2009. I sometimes remember to retell it this time of year.

This picture was taken during the "Polite" snow we had in Feb. 3 years ago. 

The storm was decent enough to blow in after the rush hour traffic on a Friday.

And, was kind enough to melt by noon the next day. Pretty nice weekend.

I title this picture "COLD GLORY."

The palm trees were a bit surprised and took a few weeks to recover from the pre-dawn weight that had settled on them.

The snow was gone of course, but the "droop" lasted longer. 

Weatherman says no snow predicted for tomorrow but fireworks could be affected by "scattered T-storms."





My daughter - who was 16 at the time of the discussion - will be surprised to see it posted again.

She'll know I remembered.

(Click on the photos for more detail.)

Be careful out there with firecrackers.

And sparklers.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home