Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day (Sales) Tradition...

As I drove out to eat on Memorial Day, I saw that at least one person had bought a mattress set today.

He or she probably saved about 60 or 70%.

Maybe even more.

Ads for beds, mattresses and springs seem to center around major holidays. Sealy, Beautirest, Simmons, etc. all run colorful advertisements in the paper and on television, offering huge discounts.

Fourth of July and Labor Day seem to be the other two "firm" or "soft" slumberland Sale-E-Brations.

When I need a new mattress I know they cost a whole lot more the other days of the year.

I don't cook out anymore but I did have dinner at a BBQ place.

It's a tradition.

(Click on the photo. Notice there no hands holding it to the roof.)

Safe to ride behind this vehicle.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wed May 29, 08:03:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

I didn't participate in any sales, but I did eat my fill of BBQ while I was in Ohio visiting with the relatives. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home