Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Should I Save This For Halloween?

I had just read something online about making pictures called "Horse Maning."

You know, a horse's mane?

Online that's what they called it and I looked up the term a bit more.

It refers to the Headless Horseman and actually was a popular photo theme in the 1920s.

That was about 100 years after Washington Irving wrote the Legend of Sleepy Hollow tale.

This setup was posed at the end of our January Photo Group meeting.

I had mentioned the term earlier and received only quizzical looks in response.

The other term we bantered around was "Planking."

I don't think we got that one right, according to the official rules of how to plank.

Kevin did it properly. He had his arms pinned to his side and his entire body was stiff as a board.

I was thinking of it more as a levitation picture and my Photoshop work needs more work.

My intent was making what he was lying on disappear. Not quite.

No sense trying it again though.

Online it says that photo fad has come and gone.

(Click twice on the photo to make them appear larger.)

This shows how we arranged one body to be holding aloft the head of another person.

No one was injured in the making of this photo.

No heads were lopped off.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home