Saturday, December 31, 2011

Something new under the sun...


I think the image on your computer monitor is called "wallpaper."

I know a "screen saver" changes images quickly.

But wallpaper is a single photo you usually select to display constantly.

This is a nice soothing picture and I like it.

It's part of a theme called "OCEAN" from Google/Chrome/G Mail..Whatever it's called.




It changes throughout the day based on my ZIP code.

Which tells it what time zone I am in.

As the sun moves across the sky, the screen reflects different times of the day.

I grew up in coastal Charleston and lived in Coastal San Diego for 10 years.

I have seen the sun rise in the ocean and set in the ocean. On my left and on my right.

Now I can experience that on my computer monitor.

I don't think it factors in the end of Daylight Savings.

(Click on the photos - twice - for more details.)

I went out for a few hours the first day this was displayed.

When I got back, I saw the scene also had had several hours pass while I was gone.

That's pretty slick.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home