Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Season Lighting.....

This actually was taken LAST Christmas. I saw this colorful scene while visiting my Mom.

I don't put up a tree at home.

My brothers and I still remember the year Dad brought home a bright shiny aluminium tree.

And set up a floodlight with a color wheel that slowly revolved.

My family quickly realized that blue and orange are NOT Christmas colors.

And, neither is pink.
Some downtown restaurants show the traditional seasonal colors.

This one does all year long.

I note the City puts up an annual "Holiday Tree Of Lights" in Marion Square each year.

Guess it would not be prudent to call it a "Christmas" tree.

Too bad.

When I lived in Tallahassee, Florida, I used colored lights to outline several wooden "reindeer" I made and set up in my front yard.

Now I get nervous driving back from Myrtle Beach at night.

I don't like seeing REAL deer eyes shining alongside the road. Yikes.

Sesame Burgers and Beer in North Charleston near Park Circle presents an unusual sight.

From the inside, the beer signs reflect in the window and they appear to be hanging on trees.

Well, not quite as dramatic as this.

Photoshop helped me "flip" the signs so they read correctly.

Then I copied some - and added more - to decorate the tree.

Look back. I'm sure you noticed the red bicycle on top of the green Basil sign.

'Tis the season.

(Click on the pictures to see more details.)

The other patrons at Sesame thought I was crazy, snapping pictures looking though the front window.

They didn't see what I could see.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home