Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween has come and gone....


Actually this is NOT a Halloween picture.

It was a life-size poster in a theater lobby for a horror film.

All I had to do was stick my head through the hole above the creature's hand and assume a properly terrified face.

I think I did a good job.

The cutout was rather large so I attempted to darken the open space around my face.

The arms were part of the poster so I added color because they represented MY arms.

The overall effect is truly in the spirit of October 31.


Here's another paper cutout that gave me a photo opp.

I like the way both the "Duke" and I have our belts fixed.

He's on the left.

This was taken during a stay in St. Louis when I had my two grandsons come over by Amtrak from mid-Missouri to stay with me a few days.

To this day their mother does not know I was late - about 20 minutes - in meeting the train and the two teenagers were waiting alone at the train station. Yikes.

Michael, the older boy was on the phone when I rushed in, out of breath from running.

"Grandpa, I was trying to call Mom but nobody answered."

YES!

It could have been scary.


(Click on the photos for more detail.) Recently I attended the wedding /reception for both Grandsons. They each brought up the railroad station situation but, fortunately, their Mom was standing far away and didn't hear. Whew.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home