Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Happy Father's Day for me...

It's been a perfect FATHER'S DAY for me. I'm 3 for 3.

Heard from both of my daughters and my son.

Sure, it would be better to have them actually with me, but that changed years and years ago.

We raise them to go off on their own. And they do.

I'm holding Heather, my youngest.

She got off to a rocky start - and needed surgery on Day 5 - at the hospital in Burbank but has grown up healthy and well.

Right now she is just past halfway through her first pregnancy and keeps me posted.

Clean-shaved, I'm posing with Amy, the middle child, in front of the house in Tallahassee.

Yes, I wore a vest back then. Everybody did in the 1980s.

I was in Florida state government and we lived in the capital.

Amy has been a police officer for 12 years in California and next week is being promoted to Detective. Atta girl!

I'm sure I've mentioned Officer Amy is also an accomplished stand-up comic.



My son Chris lives in San Diego with his wife Stephanie and their two children.

Alexandra is 16 and Andrew is 15.

I'll be seeing all of them later this Summer.

My grandson Andrew says he's eager to play golf with me on a nearby Par 3 course.

I bet he is!

My "game" is more suited to a Par 18 but we'll see.


(Not sure if clicking on the pictures will make them bigger. These are "historic" shots from the archives.) Fellow Fathers, thanks for spending time with me on OUR day.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home