Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Redheads...

Two nights. Two redheads.

Saw Kathy Griffin in concert at the Performing Arts Center. It was a sell out crowd.

I like that.

Other talented people will book into a city that supports the arts.

The night before, up in Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues, I stood in line for a long time to get inside for Bonnie Raitt. Also a packed "house."

Two entirely different performances for two entirely different audiences.

Miss Raitt truly seemed to enjoy the standing audience and the, well, standing ovations it gave her fine singing. A sign was posted "No cameras. No cell phones taking pictures."


First time I've seen cells banned.

And security was very active, appearing almost as quickly as the phones - and a few cameras - were raised.

Just the opposite at the PAC...Kathy came out posing and encouraging her fans to snap pictures.

I even used flash. Yikes.

Her humor was scathing and topical. She started with comments on "The Balloon Boy" as THAT story was still unfolding.

Well, maybe not for Wolf Blitzer.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 21, 11:58:00 PM , Anonymous Paul said...

I am a fan of Bonnie Raitt's Blues....

 
At Wed Nov 25, 11:02:00 AM , Blogger Pamela said...

I've found that it's usually the House of Blues that makes the rules about no photos... not the artists. There are several bands I have photographed that I know positively do not mind, yet I was not allowed to shoot them at HOB... they are almost militant about it! I REALLY have to love a band to see a show there anymore!

I LOVED it when Kathy Griffin encouraged the audience to take photos!! I wish everyone were like her!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home