Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Charleston Classic Cookie Caper...

So, about a year ago, I was invited to a judging to select a new flavor ice cream.

Not as a judge, just as a blogger who would probably write about Circa 1886, the restaurant sponsor, which I did.

Well, I had a grand time and requested they invite me to food events in the future. They did.

It was "If Charleston Were A Cookie, What would it Be?" this time.

The winner, Nona Pontiff, came up with the concept of her - soon to be famous - "Polite Palmetto w/sweet tea glaze."

Man, that was a good cookie!

Oops. I guess I should have jotted down all the stuff that made her tasty entry the big winner. I understand the restaurant will include it as a dessert treat this Christmas.

I was reaching for more cookies instead. All the finalists were on the tray and 2nd place and even 3rd was good too. I would have tried an Honorable Mention.

Nona told the judges she just thought that a Charleston-theme cookie should include sweet tea. I do remember it had a familiar taste.

Nona said she experimented using a sweet tea vodka but instead went back to the lowcounty family favorite.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 05, 05:58:00 PM , Anonymous Joan said...

They have to stop holding these events when I am at work. Grrrr.

 
At Sun Aug 30, 05:58:00 AM , Anonymous Wow Gold said...

Very Nice Blog

 
At Fri Jun 07, 04:59:00 PM , Anonymous Stromvergleich.org.uk said...

thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home