Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Official Graffiti ?










So, I noticed a few days ago that signs and symbols had been painted on the street in front of my house.


Very colorful. I see that "yellow" flags mean "gas" and orange is for "telephone."

Blue probably stands for "water." Hmmm, I would have guessed yellow for "sewer line."






I wasn't aware of anything leaking and hadn't hired a plumber so it has to be the City or SCE&G coming to dig up the street.

A few days went by.

School kids walking by to catch their buses each morning pretty well took care of the cute little flags waving on thin wires. Yep, just one yellow pennant left.

Today the trucks and heavy equipment rumbled down the street.

And .... turned the corner.

They continued down to the end of the dead end street next to my house?

I wandered down and asked "whatcha doin'?" The boss said they were putting in a new gas line for this end of the block. I would not be bothered nor inconvenienced.

"What about all the signs, markings and flags up by my house?"

"Oh, they marked the wrong street. Don't worry about it."

I'm just glad they weren't tree trimmers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home