Saturday, January 12, 2008

But ...they DO sit on top of your lap!

A gathering of local bloggers is a special time to learn and share. Today, at a downtown meet up of some online buddies, I was reminded that laptops are no longer called that.

For some reason they now are called "notebooks." ??

I don't have a lapto..er, I mean, notebook and am quite happy with my 4-year old PC but I remember when they went by the previous - and very obvious - name.

Were there incidents of heat generated causing laps to catch fire? Did lawyers get involved? A notebook brings to mind a stubby pencil and a yellow pad with the wide line spacing. A friendly image and non-threatening. Well, reporters carry notebooks too.

Joan posted pictures she took this morning of us sipping African coffee at Kudu and I wanted to add one that included her. Most photographers remain behind the camera and we miss seeing their face. Here's L-R: Xark, Braintube and Walk This Way.

Pull the photo up on your lapbook.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sun Jan 13, 10:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got me! We all had some gadget - photo or electronic. I really want to see the film you talk about. We should have the next get together where we can play a VHS tape.

 
At Sun Jan 13, 04:58:00 PM , Blogger Patrick said...

I had no idea that "laptop" had fallen out of favor. I'll stubbornly stick to the past if you will!

Laptop, laptop, laptop.

There.

 
At Sun Jan 13, 05:53:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Sounds fair to me Patrick. And who ever heard of "notebook dancing?"

 
At Sun Jan 27, 12:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not a get to gather for bloggers West of the Ashley??...

 
At Sun Jan 27, 01:59:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Hey Paul, great idea and plans are to meet "on a regular basis" the LAST Friday of the month at 6pm in West Ashley at Gene's Hofbrau in Archdale on Highway 17.

I posted a blog about the first one last Friday. Hope to see you there Feb 29? [Leap Year] See Heather for more details.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home