Friday, July 08, 2011

...has come home to ROOST.

I don't try to go to the opening of EVERY new bar.

But I've watched this one developing for quite a while.

A few weeks ago I chatted with the three owners up on ladders painting walls and trim.

No, THEY were up on ladders. I was standing in the doorway. Dodging falling paint drops.

So The Roost, Charleston's newest sports bar, is now open on Savannah Highway, between Gene's Haufbrau (Charleston's oldest bar) and Oak Barrel Tavern.

Across the street from Triangle Char and the Avondale Mellow Mushroom.

I am waiting to hear back from Dennis, one of the owners, on exactly how long the bar extends.

To my eye, it COULD be the longest in town.

Stop by, have a beer, eat some great pub grub and make your estimate. Give me your guess.

I commented to Dennis that I thought there had been a shortage of "sports bars" in the area.

He responded they agree and had placed LOTS of wide screen tvs around the huge room and made sure they were set at a comfortable viewing angle.

I have had to crane my neck in some places to look up at screens and their careful and thoughtful planning was appreciated.

I checked out the Reuben sandwich - along with some giant Onion rings - and my buddy had the Roost Burger.

And I had a Gluten-free beer. I guess gluten is what makes beer taste good.


Meanwhile, up in North Charleston, near Park Circle, Zocalo has opened.

'Rita Time.

The former gas station/outdoor gardening nursery and now Mexican Street Food place has a nice friendly vibe.

They opened just in time to enjoy the huge patio.

Lights are strung in the trees and ceiling fans stir the air.




It's a nice outdoor-option addition to the growing area.

Bueno!



(Click on the pictures - twice - for more details.)

I have many friends with expensive, bulky SLR cameras.

I seem to be the only one who usually has a camera with me most of the time Hmmm.



Thanks for pulling up a stool and looking over my blog.

Read responsibly.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue Nov 01, 03:48:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great comments!! I am one of the owners of the Roost and would surely like to have you come by again and say hello. We are doing great and couldn't be happier with our decision to start a business in Avondale....Great neighborhood and happy to be a part of it!
Reay Rountree

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home