Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things Used To Be simpler..and larger


I have three Canon AE-1 film cameras that are dusty. They have not been used for about 5 years.

Back in 2004 was when I bought my first digital camera. I would no longer need film.

The "memory card" that was included showed a capacity of 8MB.

According to a chart that came with my new 2 megapixel camera, the card could store about 12 pictures.

Hmmmm. Back in the 1950s, I had a camera - a film one - that could take 12 black & white pictures on a roll. Then you dropped it at the drug store for processing and printing.

In about a week, you came back and picked up the prints. As I remember, they were in a yellow Kodak envelope.

Usually a few were blurred and some were pitch black because the bulb didn't flash.

Telephone poles and other weird objects often sprouted from heads because you forget to check the background.

I bought my third digital camera a few months ago and it takes pictures in 8.1 megapixels.

The memory card I bought is a 4 Gig and the camera shows me I can take about 1,100 pictures.

On a 2-week vacation to Ireland and Germany I filled three 2 Gig memory cards. That's 1700 pictures.

Now, of course, people are taking pictures with their telephones, laptops and netbooks. Hope they check the background.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 15, 04:29:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, things used to be simpler and larger - and that's when these now-old eyes could see things better. I need a return to the LARGE print and large items, and, yes, the simpler items.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home