Thursday, November 22, 2007

Back In The Saddle Again.....

As Robin Williams would say, "Maybe I went too far."

In a recent posting I showed a picture of my sweet genteel Mom posed with a yard of ale and implied she was drinking a beer. Hardly.

She doesn't drink anything and certainly not beer from a glass almost as tall as she. My bad. Let me apologize and show an ACTUAL situation that happened at the Fair in Ladson.

Mom was in a rehab facility after taking a fall at home (nothing broken, thank Goodness) but we wanted her to recover in a caring setting with physical therapy and professional treatment.

They called to alert me that my Mom had signed up to go on a day trip to the Fair.

"Huh?" I said. In the 10 years I have looked after her, she never had mentioned any desire to go to the annual Fair. "If you approve, we will keep her under watchful care," they assured me.

Well, sure. If Mom wanted to go and be wheeled around the fairgrounds and maybe have a cotton candy, sounds good.

The staff came back exhausted.

Not only did she eat from the moment they got there (a corn dog!?) when they placed her in a safe and comfy seat on the Merry Go round, she asked to be moved and helped up on a horse.

"That one over there," she suggested. "It looks lively."

They shared pictures with me - and the menu of what she ate - and just a few days later they called to say they thought she was physically fit and ready to come home.

Mom will turn 92 in March. I just hope I can keep up with her.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 27, 10:36:00 AM , Blogger vikram said...

one of the best daughter in the world..keep it up..

 
At Tue Nov 27, 11:37:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Daughter? Guess you have not read many of my blogs.

Thanks...I think?

Chuck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home