Tuesday, October 30, 2007

He Steals A Base, You Eat A Taco.....

It takes a LOT of nerve to walk into a store and ask the clerk to give you free product.

Fortunately, Barbara behind the counter at the North Charleston Taco Bell at 4:01, knew about the Free Taco offer from 2-5 today (Nov 30) due to the World Series base stealing success by Red Sox rookie Jacoby Ellsbury.

The big surprise: there was no crowd at the store on Rivers Avenue. Well, it WAS after lunch and a little early for dinner. There are 10 stores in Charleston..wonder if there were freebie-seekers at any of the others?

In fact, as I was getting details, a trio came in that had NOT heard about the Free Taco offer and, listening to my story, each was quick to order a crispy 89 cents beef taco.

Like me they also ordered other things..additional tacos, soft drinks, etc.



Barbara DID mention that four other people had been in just after 2pm and two had walked out with just the free taco. Maybe they were disgruntled New York Yankees fans?

The great American Pasttime...free tacos.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 30, 10:38:00 PM , Blogger Jared Smith said...

The sad part? I completely whiffed on this. I cannot believe I forgot, even after you reminded me on my blog. :(

 
At Wed Oct 31, 11:41:00 PM , Blogger Margo said...

Free tacos?? is there anything in life more wonderful? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home