Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Smiling faces at the pump!


Wish I could make this picture even bigger!

I can remember back to the early 1980s when gas prices went over a dollar a gallon.

Driving a state car as Tourism Director for the state of Missouri, one of my first projects was to devise a way to tell people where gas was available.

Not only was it becoming expensive, it also was scarce.

We developed a Hotline visitors (and residents) could call for updated details on prices and where to find stations with gasoline to sell.

It was a challenging period.

Filling the tank of my 2006 Saturn Ion today for less than $15 was a pleasant memory revisited too.

You won't see that price per gallon on signs at stations. The actual cost was $1.98 but my Bi-Lo grocery discount program had grown to a 60 cents per gallon discount.

I heart Bi-Lo.

Nice grocery shopping plan: you have to eat and your gas tank needs to be filled.

A win-win situation.

(Click on the photos for more details and to make the pump charge appear even larger!)

I said $1.379 was not the price being charged at the station...but who knows?

Wouldn't it be great to see a gallon of gas at less than a dollar again?

Sigh.






Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home