Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Raging Rapids! Run for your life!

Caught a shot yesterday of a torrent of water cascading after our heavy rains!

Er, not exactly.

I was on an Azalea Photo Walk and we crossed over a small bridge in Azalea Park in Summerville.

I looked down at what could be described as a lazily-flowing little stream.

BUT, I set my camera to make a longer exposure (1/4 of a second) and that made the water "flow" and look more interesting.

There are dark filters for sale to be placed in front of your lens to make even longer exposures possible. Then you create scenes that were not visible before.S90 Quick-Change 
My Canon S90 now has that filter holder attached and I am shopping for Neutral Density (ND) filters.

Daytime usually is too bright to successfully shoot a 15-second long exposure but can you imagine how much water, waves and tides would be changed?

A LOT!

My ND filters have been ordered and are on the way.

I'll share what results I have.

Creating things that don't really exist.

And have a picture of it.

Yeah!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home