Friday, June 12, 2009

Yes.... tin foil DID help.

The DAY is finally here.

No more Rabbit Ears. No more tin foil wrapped on the ends to boost the signal.

My small tv in the bedroom is the only one I have that's not on cable and now, it's down to just one channel.

The Cablecast Company says NBC is on 3. My soon-to-be-out-of-fashion set disagrees and you click 2 for WCDB TV2.

They announced they will "switch" to digital after their 11:00 O'Clock News.

The tv tuner has 125 slots and I just clicked through snowy static on 124.

I remember our first tv - back in the 1950s - and the "test pattern" was all you got until the 2-3 stations went on the air.

Around midnight, when they went off the air, stations would play the National Anthem and a film would show the flag fluttering in the breeze.

In black and white.

Yes, I am very old and I also remember the NBC Peacock and the words "In Living Color" on a few, then all the shows.

On my regular big screen tv I scroll through the stations and stop at WCDBH. That last letter was added for High Def.

I remember when that began too.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home