Thursday, February 06, 2014

Well, it WAS a lively discussion....

 This was the third time I had signed up to attend a 1st Thursday meeting of the Charleston Blogger  group.

I've done more than 700+ postings on my blog so I wanted to meet other locals who do this.

Twice I have had to cancel my RSVP.

Tonight I made it to Barnes & Noble and, after buying a cafe mocha,  was directed by the Manager to the area in the back by the CDs and DVDs where the folding chairs were stacked.

I sat myself down.

A few minutes later I was joined by Madeline. She wants to learn how to blog.

It was her first Blogger meeting but she and I HAD met before.

On a breezy Saturday morning inside Park Circle just before Christmas.

I knew she looked familiar and she said I had taken her picture before.

We were both Tai Chi In The Park members and, yes, I had written a blog about that morning exercise session. She had read it.

Tonight, as we waited for others,  we talked about our backgrounds and I told her about my Photography Group.

Madeline mentioned several local organizations she enjoyed. I said I was retired from the paper and we both laughed when she called it the News and Courier. Each of us grew up here calling it that.

She had lived in Europe and I have traveled there so we talked about Germany. Then The Netherlands. And, of course,  Belgian waffles.

A very nice B&N employee came by to check and make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed for the meeting.

Something was indeed missing. Other members.

Almost an hour passed and nobody else showed up so we gathered our things and left. On the way, I returned my plate to the coffee section on the other side of the store.

I bade her a "safe driving" wish as we headed for our cars in a light sprinkling of rain.

My plan is to RSVP for next month.

I still would like to meet some fellow bloggers.

Also, I had forgotten to use my Starbucks discount Groupon.

(Click on the single picture I took for more details.)


Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Fri Feb 07, 11:22:00 AM , Blogger chuckography said...

*Several hours later I heard from the Organizer of the blogger group that they HAD met there. At some tables over in the Starbucks area. Guess the Manager was misinformed.
Too bad.

 
At Fri Feb 07, 02:05:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Close, Chuck, but no cigar! :) At least you met someone.

 
At Fri Feb 07, 03:28:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Paul, I always meet someone. As you know, I'm not shy and good conversation is appreciated.

 
At Sat Feb 08, 12:24:00 PM , Blogger Rick said...

Sad to say I'm ignorant of a bloggers club. When and where is the next meeting? Thanks for the entry.

 
At Sat Feb 08, 12:57:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Rick, good to hear from you again. Here's a link to the Organizer of Charleston Blogger.
http://tinyurl.com/lsqz7fp
It meets on 1st Thursdays ...somewhere inside Barnes & Noble on Rittenburg Blvd.
Hope to find you there in March.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home