Friday, December 04, 2009

Tickets and Christmas cards...

Well, if I HAD bought a ticket I probably would have saved it.

My newspaper had sent me there to cover the 1965 Beatles concert, so my press credentials had passed me through the front gate.

Even right down on the field, standing next to the stage, I could barely hear the Fab Four. The continuous roar of the overwhelming crowd noise almost completely drowned them out.

They sang song after song and I was close enough I could see them glance and grin at each other. They were having a good time that night in San Diego.

Up in the stands, as I wandered around with my cameras, the screaming, crying happy young girls were REALLY making a racket. Probably the way it would be if I went to see a "Twilight" movie these days.

I came across this copy I had found on the internet of a ticket to that very loud Beatles concert.

Wonder if $3.50 was for the best seats?

The Christmas season is coming up fast so I was looking through my old newspaper days files, searching for the very first holiday card the photo staff sent out.

Yep. The card with our "mug shots" on it was my idea and I'm pleased they continued making one yearly long after I had moved on. The quality improved each year.

But - this was the first one.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 06, 10:17:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Impressive. I cannot imagine attending a live Beatles concert. What an experience that must have been.

 
At Wed Dec 09, 02:33:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Yes, as the story goes, a dad explained "That was the band Paul McCartney was in before 'WINGS'."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home