Sunday, December 25, 2016

Bouncy, bouncy....

 VELOCITY usually means going fast. Very fast,

On Rivers Avenue, near the K-Mart at Otranto, it means a place to jump up and down.

And all around.

Falling safely while having a great time.

The neoprene trampoline mats add some bounce to a game of Dodge Ball. Some vertical moves!

It's also probably the largest Kingdom of Jumping Castles, gathered together in one place.

More than enough room to make you jump for joy!

However, before you get to take your first bounce or leap, you are required to stop at the Wonderful Waiver Machine.

Just as it sounds, you type in your name and address, your birth date and then check off a long list of things the establishment is NOT liable for. Sounds fair.

I came in and asked if I could take a few pictures on a slow weekday afternoon.

Heather, the General Manager, agreed because I showed her I planned to post a blog about this adventure site.

Then, she directed me to the PC with a touch screen and I started the process of making sure that if I injured myself, it was my own fault.

They are extremely safety conscious there and almost anything you can touch is well-padded.

But, we ARE talking mainly about curious and fearless youngsters with incredible stamina. Plenty of "officials" in colorful t-shirts to remind the players to follow the rules and to be careful.

Think of Velocity as a place with many, many "backyard trampolines" but, these beauties can bounce you higher and faster than you've ever experienced.

Forget Air Jordans to give you lift to the basketball hoop.

Slam dunk from above as you run, jump and vault high over the basket ...and drop it in.

I mention again, this was on a slow afternoon and not too many players.

Enough though that I could see the allure of having a spring in your step as you soar and land softly.

Driveway basketball that has been taken to new heights.

I plan to go back again - during a heavy play time period.

I want to see all the whirling and leaping action in this very large indoor playground.

It had been a Sofa Sleeper store (I had bought a couch there) and then was closed for many years.

Looks like a good use of a huge vacant space.


I saw some dads helping their children cross a tightrope over a chasm filled with blue and green foam "rocks."

Others just grabbed a "vine", gave a Tarzan yell and swung out and then let go.

Smiling, they clamored to the edge, got up and did it again.

A scary moment perhaps but without any real danger.

Growing up with two brothers, we often did some scary stuff but there was no soft foam safety net.

Let's just say some of the ER people in the 50s knew about the Boyd boys from Society Street.

It is a very large and spacious place to go to have fun.

Not sure if adults ever show up there for some serious cardio workouts. It would work a lot of muscles in a short time span.

Or if its mainly children hopping from one square to the next.

I know they don't ever get tired of doing this!

It's not all run and jump. I saw an excellent arcade games area.

Also, tables and chairs set aside for birthday and other group party activities.

And an array of sports drinks and sodas in vending machines.

Coming in I saw there are two handicap parking spaces so this place has an appeal to quite a wide audience. Maybe a good place for therapy?

(Click on the photos and links for more details.)

A good rainy or cold day indoor activity center.

Well, Winter has just started.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home