Sunday, April 27, 2014

Digging the hole deeper.....


It has taken a while but I have been told my long-awaited car port will be here tomorrow. I ordered it March 5.

Yes, if it arrives and is erected, it actually will be a Birthday Present.

Mis-communications, conflicting statements, bureaucratic fumbling and outright BS, has been involved in getting this car protector down from Mt. Airy, North Carolina.

Planning to get a shed from T-N-T? Make sure you don't need it in a hurry.

I had plenty of time to think about WHERE I wanted it. Now it will be beside the house.

Three trees had grown there - and been ignored - but I wanted to move them so I started digging to free the roots.

I remembered 10 years ago when I pounded a Mole Chaser into the ground.

There were plenty of moles but no tree then.  It would vibrate and scare the critters away. Sorry neighbor! Now you know where your moles came from.

Over the years a tree developed and its roots extended out and wrapped around the battery-powered vibration maker.

The device stopped working years ago and the moles continue to tunnel in my yard.
I suppose I could drop in new D-cell batteries and see if it still works.

Actually this tree got a good deal.

Its attachment to the shiny device made me dig deeper than I had planned.

But, more roots will give it a better chance to bounce back from the transplanting.

I cut back a lot on the trees to aid the recovery and I am trickling water from a hose to give them a fighting chance.

The sunny days have helped too I am sure and rain is forecast in a day or two so more water .

The only one I can recognize is a 5-foot tall pine tree.

(Click on the pictures if you want more detail.)

Hope the car port is in place before the rains start.

I think Mother Nature owes me.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home