Thursday, September 15, 2011

House Of Blues? No, House Of BREWS

I wandered around a tasty converted house a few days ago.

It was very crafty I might add.

Here is one of the back bedrooms with the closet doors removed.

Now THAT'S a nice way to furnish a room!

Reminds me of college.

Some of you may know that I am developing a taste for craft beers. The word "light" on beer labels was beginning to annoy me.

They all seemed to be light on taste and variety.

I recently enjoyed a beer brewery bus tour that carried our small group to three local craft beer makers: PALMETTO BREWING downtown, COAST BREWING in North Charleston on the old Navy base and WESTBROOK BREWING in Mount Pleasant.

These are dedicated beer producers who love to experiment.

So here's a place to buy hundreds of these distinctive brews from all over the world.

And, they have four kegs tapped so you can sit down and enjoy a beer.

Here's the Master Bedroom I just walked through in Mt. Pleasant.

This converted home opened a few months ago. It's called HOUSE OF BREWS.

This I believe used to be the dining room before the whole house was dedicated to all things brewed.

Yes, that would include tea.

And a variety of tea pots and beer glasses.

In Belgium, there is a glass for each type of beer.

As I said in an earlier blog, "they had me at KWAK." This brew haus makes it possible to have that experience.


They have bottles of that beer AND they can sell you the cute bulb-bottomed glass in a wooden holder.

Then you go home and fill it up.

A house is not a home..until it's filled with beer.



(Click on the photos to see more details.) Thanks for stopping in. Wish I could pour you a beer.

Actually I'm drinking one right now.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 18, 06:59:00 PM , Blogger Charleston Craft Beer said...

Great post Chuck. Nice to meet you Saturday. Glad you are a lover of craft beer!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home