Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dog - and Cat - Days of Summer...

Saw this in a cart at Sam's Club a while back.

I didn't ask the "cat lady" how many she had.

The packaging look on the bag has just changed but I'm sure my kitty recognized what I brought in from the car.

It's August and I hope she knows how lucky she is to be living the good life as an INSIDE cat.

MAN, it's extra hot right now.

Summer time and the parking gets choosey.

It's "Park Southern Style" time. That means in the shade.

Oh sure, you'll walk further but you're rewarded when you get back to your car.

Cruise slowly through the parking lot looking for a good spot.

Yes, the shady space tucked under the trees.

Thank goodness there was one left.

When I come back, it will be cooler when I open the door and climb in.

If you've been to a place before, you just figure where the shade will develop and pull in there.

Beats baking on the tarmac in August.

I've been doing this for years. Even when I lived out in California.

In San Diego I saw cars double-parked at the entrance to a hiking trail.

And it wasn't even in the shade.


(Click on the photos to see the shady spots in more detail.)You really should wear a wide-brimmed hat these days. Protects the tops of your ears from sunburning. Stop by again. Thanks.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 01, 06:38:00 AM , Blogger Suzie said...

We ALWAYS hunted out the shade in California because we ALWAYS traveled with our 60 pound black dog and she would wait in the car. Only a few times did she escape and come find us...once in a restaurant! Here we have to leave the dog home as even in the shade - it is REALLY hot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home