Thursday, September 22, 2011

99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall .....

When you return from vacation, you have to unpack.

And put things away.

And process nearly 1100 photographs. Yikes.

This is a pleasant chore though.

People without cameras miss that chance to RE-visit.

I remember smiling when this beer was brought to my table.

"Here's lookin' at you, kid."

My Smartphone has an app called "Brewster" which lets me tally every new beer I try.

It also lets me add a check mark when I repeat one.

And it shows on a map WHERE I had that beer.

This particular one is mapped in San Leandro, a town southeast of Oakland, California.


My son lives in San Diego so this amber ale appears on the map there.

His dog Sadie was dozing while guarding the front door.

When I opened this one, she was suddenly alert and we had an instant connection.

Might say I passed a Lab test in my choice of beer.

While still up in Northern California, we headed out to "climb a mountain" for a great view of fog rolling in.

Actually you drive up higher and higher and park. It's only a short walk from the parking lot to viewing spots.

Well, it WAS at 2,300 feet elevation.

This is the Richmond-San Raphael Bridge which takes you past San Quentin prison.

It sort of reminded me of our old Cooper River Bridge which did have the County Jail beneath it on the Charleston side.

The view was breath-taking and the fog DID seem to creep in on tiny cat's paws.

My daughter pointed out you can barely see the SUTRO TOWER on Twin Peaks in The City By The Bay.

That's it poking up in the upper left.

I left 90 degree weather here so the cooler California temperatures were VERY welcome.

I had packed long-sleeved shirts, jeans and slacks, remembering Mark Twain's classic "The coldest winter I ever spent was one summer in San Francisco."

That same afternoon, we had a snack and beverages at Lake Chalet.

This is a tranquil waterside park, right in the heart of downtown Oakland.

The after-work crowd sat out on the pier under colorful red umbrellas, took rides in an Italian gondola and watched rowers glide past as the lowering sun reflected on nearby buildings.

Yes, I sampled another local beer. I put it on the Oakland map.
Of course you should click on the photos for more detail. Twice. Then you can find the Sutro Tower. It was MUCH warmer in San Diego so I had to buy shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops and sun block. They'll get lots of use back here. Thanks for tagging along on my trip. More to come.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home