Saturday, March 05, 2011

"Kitty" Boyd,.... a cat's adventure.

My young cat is known right now as "Kitty Boyd" in the records at the Spay & Neuter Center on Remount Road in North Charleston.

The small feline is in the system and I am to go back Sunday at 10:00am for pickup.

I saw in the paperwork that dogs will be returned wearing the "Cone O' Shame" inverted lamp shade to keep them from licking the surgical site but I'm not sure if young orange tabby cats will be likewise embarrassed.

I WILL know tomorrow if the gender is female, how much it weighs and
its approximate age.

They decide the age by looking at the condition of the teeth. The sexual determination is probably less complicated.

They told me "Kitty" could eat plenty of Kibble last night... but only until 8pm. We had to make sure things were ready for the surgery today.

I arrived about 10 minutes early, amid fierce barking and pathetic mewing.

How did they know what was gonna happen to them? Grab 'em if you got 'em!

I was 3rd in line and had the forms processed by the nice lady who talked with me yesterday. I opted to have the ID chip implanted for an additional $20.

Because mine was technically a "stray" she said they first would check to
see if one is already there.

They do a free tattoo at the site of the surgery to make it obvious to medical people that the critter has been sterilized.

I did not get to select an image for the "tat" but could have suggested some catchy, colorful images. Hmmm...maybe a zipper?

When I left home this morning around 7:30 with the pet carrier, the often-seen gray bushy cat scurried from my deck, down the stairs and up and over the fence.

Out on the front step - when I brought in the paper - I saw the other large orange and white cat that's lately been sleeping close to the front door.

Glancing over in the neighbors yard, I saw their two black cats, one lazing on the hood of a car and the other one stretched out on the grass.

Probably just planning their weekend.

Whatever the name that finally will replace "Kitty Boyd, " I have decided it will be an "indoor cat".

There's plenty outside ready and willing to handle the neighborhood squirrel population and blue jay problems.


As I left the Clinic, I saw a long line of sad and anxious faces assembled in a winding row behind me.

It was quite a sight to see.

The owners looked scared too.


(Click on the pictures for more details. My kitty already knew I'm retired and like to sleep in. The alarm at 6:45 am raised its suspicions and worry.

But..THIS is the right and responsible thing to do for your pet. Thanks for getting up early today.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sun Mar 06, 11:57:00 AM , Blogger chuckography said...

Update: It's Sunday morning and my FEMALE cat is home and purring. She really attacked the bowl of Kibble! Many thanks to the fine, caring folks at CAS.

 
At Tue Mar 08, 12:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you know she's a girl, what is her name?

Carla
Semper Fi!

 
At Tue Mar 08, 12:42:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Wally Jr Jr or Wally III was too masculine so she is Wallie (as in Wallis Simpson). She's certainly regal enough! And, a dainty 7.6 pounds.

Thanks for asking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home