Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Time Travel


Don't know if I'll get a response but I sent a note yesterday to a Marine Corps buddy I haven't talked to in 50 years. Hmmm. Guess we weren't THAT close.

Try using Google to type in a name and see what happens. I think of it as traveling through time. Actually it was about 48 years ago when I last talked with Bob.

Google came up with Bob's name but added "Junior." The hometown was right and I remembered that he had had a child so what-the-hell, I e-mailed a note asking if he happened to know the Bob I was seeking and immediately an email came back that said "Small world, that's my dad. Here's his phone number. I'm sure he'd like to hear from you." I sent the kid another note asking for his dad's email address and attached the above picture, suggesting he send it to his Dad. I added "I am STILL the one with hair."

That was yesterday and I've had no further response. maybe his Dad - about my age - doesn't like computers. Maybe he doesn't check his email often. Maybe he has a rotten son with a terrible sense of humor. He was a Sergeant back then and I was only a corporal. Maybe it's a rank thing. Still.

Maybe he wears a toupee. Yikes.

1 Comments:

At Tue Sep 12, 11:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were soooo cute! Check out that pose.

The internet is an amazing thing. A girl in California just sent me some pictures from her the high school class I was in with her mother - in India.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home