Friday, August 25, 2006

I Know ...I was Too Impatient!

I was ready for ANYTHING the Department of Motor Vehicles could throw at me.

I even brought a flat blade screwdriver to affix my new license plate to my new car.

In my wallet, along with my DMV-issued driver's license, I had additional picture IDs just in case. I had my "proof of insurance" card. I even stuffed my pockets with cash in case they said "Sorry, no personal checks." Or "No credit cards accepted." Or "No bartering." I was prepared.

Then she pushed the plate across the counter and I held it up and looked it over. Oh, sure, I could have pushed it back and said "just a minute here." Yes, I could have refused THAT particular rectangle of metal. I could have waited. But, oh no, I was in too much of a hurry!

Driving home I realized that if I had waited, my plate COULD have read 7-UP, sort of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home