Saturday, January 02, 2010

Officially I'm "a fine reviewer"

After you retire from a newspaper, you still want to "be a part" somehow. I was fortunate that the Movie & Book Editor let me continue doing book reviews.

A few years ago I reviewed a book by David Baldacci and, during a Post and Courier Author's luncheon I attended, this New York Times best selling writer was one of the guest speakers.

During book signings I mentioned that I had reviewed one of his earlier books and he added his comment about my critic prowess to the autograph he wrote in the front of the book I was buying.

Hey, it was the author's opinion!

Now, I have reviewed another of David's books. It appeared in the paper last week.

Maybe I'll go online and see if he's appearing at any nearby book signings.

No, that might be considered "stalking."




























On the right is the frontspiece of the book David signed for me.

Well, he really hadn't read the review I had written so he was being gracious.

NYT best selling gracious.

(Click on my recent review to make it larger and easier to read.)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 02, 03:59:00 PM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

You are always doing such interesting things! Happy New Year Chuck!

 
At Mon Jan 11, 09:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Nice book review.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home