Friday, August 04, 2006

Silly moments with my camera..

The new Millennium Park in downtown Chicago has two tall fountains facing each other and each has faces of local people created by hundreds of LEDs.

The audio tour I was using pointed out that "about every 5 minutes, the fountains offer a surprise.". I was ready and laughed as the children - and some adults - scrambled to be under the sudden spout.




On a Chicago Sunday morning I was heading to a Thai restaurant suggested by a guide book for its all-you-care-to-eat buffet and I stopped to marvel at the name that could happen if the Disney folks bought the Elvis mansion in Memphis.

The Thai buffet was extensive and great.

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 15, 10:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Chuck. I never noticed this stuff that you point out and I have been in Millenium Park a million times. Anything from ice skating in the winter to the frequent sujmmer concerts (when the weather cooperates) I like the park.

"Disgraceland" that is hilarious and I would have never noticed it. I think I may try that restaurant. Thanks.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 12:13:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Judy, In case it wasn't obvious, Disgraceland is right across the street from the AYCTE Sunday buffet Thai restaurant. Look Disgraceland up in the phone book for the street and number. I just know we rode the El quite a ways from the Loop. Oh, and it was up the street from a neat biker bar with outdoor seating along the sidewalk.

Are you serious you had not seen "The Bean"? That was outstanding as was the outdoor concert setting with the speakers strung overhead and room for 7,000 people to sit on the grass. I LIKE live music and non-smoking venues as you'll note in my blog postings.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 08:32:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

chuck, I am serious that I have never seen "The Bean" or maybe just never noticed it as such. When you live near things you do not always notice them. Petrillo Band shell is one of the best places in the Chicago area to see a concert; the other two are the Tweeter Center (formerly the World Music Theatre) and Ravinia.

I did note you prefrence for nonsmoking.

 
At Fri Sep 29, 06:06:00 AM , Blogger painter in hiding said...

there is a local from Chi town that takes a pic of "the bean" every week and posts it on Flickr. If I can find the link Ill post it. Its kinda cool.

Oh and I enjoy your blog as much as you enjoy mine. Thanks for reading :)
Medic from the band aid box

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home