Saturday, June 24, 2017

WOW! Had not ever seen THIS before....

 I've probably mentioned I have been visiting ALL of the craft breweries that have popped up in Charleston. We now have almost 20.



My buddy and I decided to pick three at a time that are fairly close together and go sample their brews on a relatively quiet Thursday evening.

 Hey, I am a craft beer fan, and it's the least I can do to sample and write about it on my blog. Burp.
          
The night after stopping at Revelry Brewing Company, I was looking at receipts and noticed that, at the bottom, a suggestion was made by Revelry to support a dozen other breweries.
         

 Competitors!

 I have never seen such an example of camaraderie among competing companies like this before. 

I am sure Sears and K-Mart would no doubt appreciate a cross-plug by J.C. Penny or Target.
          
Or, Amazon inviting you to grocery shop at Whole Foods. Oh, wait a minute, that's going to happen really soon now that they just bought the 400+ organic stores for a ton of money.
          
About four more crafters are due to open in the next few months so I will drop by, sip some of their suds and blog about them.
          
I'll also check my receipts to see if other breweries are as altruistic.

Mural at Revelry

Checking out a 20-barrel beer tank

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sat Jun 24, 06:39:00 PM , Blogger Rick said...

If what you are looking at is a sample I might have to check it out.

 
At Sat Jun 24, 08:34:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Rick, good to hear from you, it's been a while. Go back through recent postings as I really addressed the Craft beer situation here. Fun times and, hopefully, fun blogs. Want to get a beer? I know a LOT of places.

 
At Wed Jun 28, 06:01:00 AM , Blogger Eyebee said...

I knew there was a substantial increase in new craft breweries nationwide, but I didn't realize there were twenty in Charleston alone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home