Thursday, July 07, 2016

Great vacation in Paris and Edinburgh...

Needless to say, a vacation trip out of the country for several weeks, probably should NOT be mentioned in advance.

Bad people really don't need to know your house will be empty.

The police alerted its patrols that nobody should be inside for several weeks.

All of the iconic sites in Paris were subject to my eyes. I started with The Louvre.

At the Arc de Triomphe, I asked and found there WAS an elevator and saved climbing hundreds of steps to the top.

Well worth going up if only to look down at the "interesting" traffic madly circling below!

Months ago, while searching for an AirBnB in Paris, found an 8th-floor apartment that featured a washer/dryer and a balcony.

It was said to be "close" to the Eiffel Tower.

Wow, I'd say.

We would sit on the balcony at night and watch the lights change color (colour?) to represent who had won in the semi-finals of the European Union soccer matches.

This night Italy was honored but, a few days later, it would be eliminated by Germany.

Even when the matches were not being played in Paris, a large Fan Zone area was set up in the shadow of The Tower.

We were told it could accommodate 90,000 chanting, shouting - and drinking - fans who watched the action on two giant JumboTron screens.

There were pleasant cool days and nights overseas, and some spotty rain in Scotland.

Back now in Charleston, I am spending these high nineties days, inside with the AC humming as I work over more than 3,000 images. Yikes.

Having a "flight map" on the screen in front of you adds a nice element to air travel.

Of course,you also can watch movies, tv shows and listen to music.

Nice, soft earplugs are included. I can remember when you paid for the hearing aids. Guess airlines know people expect such amenities now.
 Speaking of treats, tried tasting a single malt whisky or two while in Edinburgh, Scotland..

(Spell check is telling me to add an "e.")

Irish whiskey, sure, but it's Scottish whisky.

25ml servings assure you will sip the sample - with or without adding ice or water. Feel the burn.

I still prefer a Jameson on-the-rocks. That's a fine whiskey.

I have just touched the surface of my stack of digital memory cards but will stop for now.

Here's an unusual picture I took after touring the Paris Opera House.

Sitting and relaxing, I saw the billboard and gave it a twist.

(Click on the photos and links for more detail.) I have plenty more to share.





Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 08, 05:37:00 AM , Blogger Rick said...

Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to the hundreds of photos.

 
At Sat Jul 09, 10:56:00 AM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

Lucky you! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Joan

 
At Sat Apr 17, 07:30:00 AM , Blogger rosstaylor505 said...

Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my reader. Can you Help me please?
Nuremberg Hotel

 
At Mon Jun 14, 09:31:00 AM , Blogger jackiedavis said...

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
you could check here

 
At Mon Jul 19, 04:21:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to recommend exclusively fine plus efficient information and facts, hence notice it: What are the benefits of CBD oil for pets?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home