Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Good News/Bad News...

Guess my wireless keyboard and mouse are trying to tell me something.

The battery in the mouse started blinking a small red light and finally stopped working.

A change of batteries and it was back up and running.

Because I am NOT a touch typist - more of a hunt and peck with a heavy hand  - the gradual disappearance of the letters on key keys was becoming more than just a nuisance. Found my packet of vinyl stick-on letters and the 1/4" Helvetica looked right.

Larger, but much better.

This happens when you overuse the words East, Seat, Sate, Teas and Eats too often.

I was pleased that my 13-year old heating and cooling unit passed its semi-annual inspection.

It came with a 10-year warranty.

The same HVAC tech had come the last few times but, today, his foot slipped while he was in the attic.

A hole was punched in the ceiling but he was not injured. Just embarrassed.

This was the first problem in about 26 inspection/adjustment bi-annual visits by the company that had installed it,

My cat had been placed in a back bedroom - standard for these visits - but she noticed the new look at once.

The attic pull-down ladder had been closed but she was curious.

Looking at the counter top and up at the hole,

Did I mention she misses nothing?

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Hopefully there will NOT be a picture of the cat attempting a high leap.

No problem though of that happening.

She's not allowed on the table.

Nor on the kitchen counters.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wed Nov 06, 05:33:00 PM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

Oh no! And you have that popcorn ceiling stuff which is hard to match up. That is too bad.

 
At Wed Nov 06, 07:13:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Yikes! I assume that they will be sending someone to repair it or reimbursing you for the repair.

 
At Wed Nov 06, 07:19:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

The HVAC company said I can either have it repaired and bill it to them or use their expert guy who will match it to my satisfaction or they'll have him do the entire ceiling. Sounds fair.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home