Saturday, July 07, 2012

Boeing...Boeing and session musicians.

You may recall that last November I was turned away at the gate to Boeing.

Kicked off their property.

Me and my pesky intrusive camera.

Drove by a few days ago but, this time, stayed on the public highway.

Had heard the newly-painted 787 for Air India was parked out front for delivery.

Actually, there were "4 li'l India's standing in a row."

Not quite a 6-pack and not all "made in South Carolina."

Several had been flown in from Washington state or the place in Texas where the planes are painted.

Didn't ask anybody for details on where they came from. I got the shots I wanted.
Then I headed to a music venue place where I am more welcome - Home Team BBQ in West Ashley.

The Joe Taylor Group was scheduled to play Friday night.

I sampled their sound online and knew a live performance would be even better.

I read they were noted studio session band guys who had played with many well-known stars. (For details and sample tracks, click on the link).

It was a terrific evening as they played for a crowd of family and friends.

Joe, NY session guitarist, producer & composer, was the leader and sang.

Sean O'Bryan Smith thumped bass and Steve Holley was on drums.

Holley had played with Paul McCartney in WINGS.

The tour bus parked outside was nearly the size of a 787.

Well, it looked pretty big. In the dark.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

You'd think Boeing would want MORE pictures now that they're finally cranking out the new planes.

I know Joe Taylor thanked me for coming by...with my camera.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 09, 08:43:00 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Always a better time when you are welcome! I maxed that airplane photos and you got some good shots, despite the distance.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 10:48:00 AM , Blogger chuckography said...

Thanks..I was lucky because my windshield was dirty. Yikes. Also was looking over my shoulder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home