Monday, December 26, 2011

To New Heights....

We've all seen those roll around tall ladders in stores.

You know, the staff pushes them where they want them then uses a foot pedal to lock them in place.

Not so much a ladder as a rolling set of stairs.

Not a cherry-picker or a lift bucket like you see outside used by tree trimmers..

Not the complicated looking X shaped scissor-like contraption.

Anyway, I was in Mt. Pleasant at the new BOTTLES wine and beer store.

Talking with one of the owners, I noticed a nearby "stair ladder" and asked if I could climb up and take a picture?

He said "Sure, just be careful."

About a month ago, just after they opened the "not-so-big-box" spirits superstore, I had looked up and snapped a picture of the interesting chalk mural at the back of the store.

A little bit distorted from below.

Now I was on an equal level. It was a nice sturdy shooting platform.

The large drawing is at the end of an aisle marked "Local Brews."

Hmm. I saw Holy City Brewing Company drawn in chalk. I had had some of their tasty Pluff Mud Porter at several places around town. Here it was available at the Growler Filling Station in the center of the store.

The Palmetto name is familiar. I had learned it was Charleston's oldest beer maker when I toured the downtown facility.

The newest - and swankiest - brewer would be Westbrook not that far away right there in East Cooper.

They had just started selling their beer in 6-packs of cans and Palmetto was in bottles.

As I carefully climbed back down, I realized there was a fourth "local" that was missing from the mural. In fact, it wasn't for sale in the store at all.

Must be a story behind that I thought as I had my growler bottle filled and sealed.

Too bad.

(Click on the photos for more detail.)

I was surprised it had taken so long for a BIG wine and beer store to open in Mt. Pleasant.

Glad these fellows decided to do it.

I know I'll be back.

Might even climb up high for another overview.

Carefully of course.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 26, 12:41:00 PM , Blogger Rick said...

Nice to be able to get high in the middle of the day.

 
At Tue Dec 27, 09:56:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love Rick's comment! :)

I'd like to have one of those roll-around ladders for everyday use at home, especially in the kitchen.

 
At Wed Dec 28, 06:23:00 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Yes, Coast was missing wasn't it? I think that they are so small they just can't keep up with demand. They are certainly the best brew in town in my opinion! I have some of their Hopart and Blackbeerd in the reefer right now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home