Thursday, March 19, 2009

(Wooden) Postcard Perfect...


I was going to save this picture for the 3rd Anniversary of this blog the end of this month.

Then I thought, "Aw, why wait?"

The idea of holding a picture postcard in front of the actual scene is clever. Wish I had thought of it.

Saw it on a site called photojojo.com that usually has something artsy or different. One example I saw used a postcard of a house down on the Battery.

All I had was this wooden cutout of the downtown fire station on Meeting at Wentworth.

I grew up a few houses away on the corner of Society Street. I have not seen a replica depicting that house yet.

My younger brother and I would pose in front of a huge fire engine...and block the way briefly.

The fire station would have worked better if I could have stepped further back. But I was up against a building so this had to do.

I like it.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thu Mar 19, 11:38:00 PM , Blogger Paula Roberts said...

I think it looks really cool. I have lots of pictures of that firehouse - inside and out. We met one of the firemen one day and he was so cool, inviting us in to look around. I love that station.

 
At Mon Mar 23, 08:34:00 PM , Blogger Katharine said...

A San Diego transplant to Charleston, or was it the other way around?

I posted a walking Charleston blog (in the January archives) when I was there at Christmas. What a photogenic city!

Have you seen Joan Perry's Charleston Daily Photo? She posts every day, what discipline!

 
At Mon Mar 23, 09:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joan and I have been to many blogger events here. She's a classy lady!

I was born here, traveled out to San Diego and, eventually, worked my way back to Charleston.

Hey, it's all in my blog LOL.

 
At Tue Mar 24, 08:35:00 PM , Blogger Katharine said...

Did Joan tell you she and I walked coast to coast England last summer?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home