Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Travel Movie ....

My last visit to England was back in the 1980s and the exchange rate was one pound for $2.64. Actually, right now is a little bit better.

I think it's time to go back to the United Kingdom for a visit .... and even pop over to Europe.

Well, it IS very, very close and the dollar is slightly stronger against the Euro.

Individual countries still had their own money like Francs and Deutsch marks my last time there.

I was aware that BENELUX stood for Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg - and I have never been there - so Amsterdam was added to the list as was Belgium.

They say the coffee is so good there, it's more popular than Starbucks. I plan to check out that claim. I enjoy a good brew that whets the appetite.

After seeing the movie "In Bruges" a few months ago, Belgium was an obvious choice. In the film two London hit men hide out in this beautiful 16-17th century city for several weeks.

The movie is a Chamber of Commerce visual treat of art museums, canals and historic buildings.

There were a lot of guns and shootings and bodies falling from church towers but that was just movie magic amidst a tranquil setting.

So that's my travel plan.

Guess it's a good thing that I didn't just see "Around The World In 80 Days."

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 23, 11:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! Don't fall out of any church towers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home