Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I'm not from around here..."

Two years ago, after I had retired and was in the midst of a 30-day Amtrak North America Rail Pass excursion, I was in Montreal sightseeing and about to enter the Catholic Basilica to look around.

A tv newsman with a microphone in his hand caught my arm and said something about "what's your opinion on the election?"

I looked back and saw his cameraman was rolling tape and zooming in as I answered "Sorry, I'm just visiting, I don't live in Montreal."

I continued on into the church and my buddy asked me if I had heard the question. "No, not really, some local thing I guess."

He laughed and, as our eyes roamed around the interior of the beautiful cathedral, he said "he wanted to know what you thought about Benedict, the new Pope."

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sun Aug 05, 11:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took that same picture a few weeks ago.

 
At Mon Aug 06, 11:02:00 AM , Blogger chucker said...

Well I hope that reporter and cameraman were gone by then!

 
At Sat Aug 25, 11:16:00 PM , Blogger CarolinaDreamz said...

This is on my list of lifetime things to do.. the Amtrak ride to wherever I may go..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home