Tuesday, August 15, 2006

April Showers ... Finally ... in August


To everyone (or anyone) who was wondering about my Taj Mahal Shower project...it is now operational!

The old tub/shower was yanked out on April 20 and, on August 5, I finally was able to relax and enjoy a leisurely 15 minute HOT shower with all 6 heads working. What a treat.

The laser measurements have been made and the frameless glass doors are being cut and assembled but I was eager to try my bathroom makeover centerpiece and rigged a temporary shower curtain and turned on all the knobs.

The two Rennai tankless heaters work like a charm. Steady flow and a precise temperature for however long I want to shower. Actually, the whole house was re-plumbed from 1/2 to 3/4 inch so the dishwasher and the clothes washer also could be going while I shower.

After my terrible experience with the-contractor-from-hell, I found a great and talented plumber who completed that crucial hidden pipes portion of the project and an excellent tile ARTIST created the very, very visible final touches. The plumber then came back and installed all the "trim", the shiny handles and shower heads.

I had seen "rainheads" in ads and had considered changing from my single hand-held shower but I waited. I was aware also of "body sprays" but had never experienced any. Now I have the best of all these Water Worlds.

Once I decided to remove the existing tub, tear out a wall and create space for a 5' x 4' shower, I was commited to finally having a fancy modern bathroom. I did show some retraint however - a steam bath version could have been included as well as a wall-mounted tanning booth. But that would have been too much and I'm just a simple guy. Simple and very clean.

4 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 05:53:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is gorgeous, I just love the tiling. I hope it was worth the wait.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 05:07:00 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

That sounds great. I'm coming over to have a wash.

By the way, why not name the guy who did such a good job for you? Because THAT'S the guy I wanna hire.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 05:29:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

The tile artist is Eric Espinosa of A&E Construction at 224-9164. He and his wife Andrea (The "A" of A & E) did the whole job in about 4 days! On budget, on time and a GREAT finished product.

The talented plumber who made all 6 showerheads work - as well as the temperature mixer control - is Ronnie Shiner. His cell is 696-5703.

Please feel free to contact either. I can vouch for their honesty and ability. Thanks for asking!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 05:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful shower and I like sharing good names. All very exciting. We should throw you a shower to celebrate. Harhar :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home